What is MyMedicare?
MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration model in Australia. It aims to strengthen the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner (GP), and primary care teams.
Patients who register for MyMedicare will have access to a range of benefits and may be able to access a range of extra services. You will be able to access these services only by registering your preferred clinic with Medicare.
Registrations will open 1st October 2023. Registration is free and optional.
What are the benefits of registering with MyMedicare?
Once you register at your preferred clinic you will be able to:
- Access your Medicare history and information about your recent visits to your GP and other healthcare providers
- See your Medicare benefits and how much you have used them
- Communicate with your GP and primary care team securely
- Track your health goals and progress
To register as a MyMedicare Patient, you can:
- Start the registration process in your Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare Mobile app. Our practice staff will then complete the registration in the MyMedicare system.
- Get in touch with us and we can start the registration in MyMedicare. This will trigger a registration in your Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare Mobile app, which you can then complete
- Fill out a registration form at your practice. By signing the form, you are giving your consent to participate in MyMedicare with that practice. Practice staff will then complete the registration in the MyMedicare system.
NOTE: Patients who register with a DVA Veteran Card will need to fill out a registration form at the practice as registration via Medicare online services can only be completed using a Medicare card.
A parent/guardian will need to register a child under 14 years and provide consent on their behalf.